1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HT1000 Report

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mystex, Aug 28, 2003.

1. mystex

mystex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I purchased my HT1000 from Nexnix almost a month ago now and now that I've watched about 3 complete films on it so far, thought I'd share my experiences of it.

The first thing to strike me once starting the thing up was the clarity of the image, I was used to my HS1 (800 x 600 LCD) and the higher resolution was instantly noticable as was the increase in lumens (from 700 to 1000). I've got the projector projection onto an 8ft Da-Lite screen and my seating position is about 12 feet away. The depth in colour and black levels is IMHO better than our local UGC cinema. Watching the superbit version of Desperado, his black suit in the film is totally black. (That is without even using the IRIS function, which I've not felt I've needed to use yet!).

I cannot fault the projector for contrast,colour,brightness, features,etc - in fact picture wise I can't see how it can be bettered (without using a HTPC I guess!).

Now to the downside. I see rainbows, not often, but often enough to make it noticeable. I didn't see them when I demo'd the unit and other DLP units. Its my own fault cos I went looking for them. I've realised that they occur on bright scenes on dark backgrounds and if you move your vision across the screen. It's not bad enough to make me regret getting this model, but I will be taking measures to minimise the effect, perhaps sitting further back or lowering the brightness. No-one else can notice it - just me(typical).
    Anyway, if anyone has any tips to minimise the effect, please let me know!

Overall though, I'm really happy and love the image it produces, both on Cable and DVD the image really shines. I would recommend it to anyone at the price from NexNix. I've now got the unit ceiling mounted (I'll post some pics if anyone's interested), and I cannot hear it during movies (in eco mode).

Anyway, thanks for reading, will try and post some piccies shortly.;)

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,671
  3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely "close" the iris if you've good light control. It does improve the CR considerably & should help with the rainbow problem.

I was/am very susceptible to rainbows but having lived with the HT1000 for 10 days, found them to become less & less of an issue (& that's saying something for me!).

Didn't try any filters or such but I imagine slight improvements are to be had by experimentation etc...

Good PJ though...I liked it.

;)

4. fastedd

fastedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had it a month and only watched 3 films :eek:

I've had mine about the same time and have got 50+ hrs on the thing. So glad I finaly bought it. :cool:

5. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not entirely sure you can do anything about the colour-splitting. It is sadly a feature on any single chip DLP, even with the new SCR you will still get it.

The only way you can minimise the effect is to specify a faster colour wheel speed. But your eye will still be able to scan faster than the wheel no matter what you do. Try to keep your eyes fixed on the whole image rather than AOI that we normally use. Hard to do but avoids the scanning/breakup of the optics.

6. mystex

mystex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the replies guys, some interesting opinions in there. I've only watched 3 films as I've been swapping to various scenes in various disks all the time! Overall I'm really happy - I can't wait to see The Two towers on it (shame my SONY amp has just blown - 2.5 weeks to repair):suicide:

Will keep you guys updated with my findings....