HT-TZ215R Samsung surround sound help !

hitman84

Standard Member
Hello all !

New to the forums here, have tried to research the vast pages on this site but still do not have the solution to my problem so am hoping some of you more technologically advanced people maybe able to help or point me in the right direction.

I have purchased this productHT-TZ215R

A samsung surround sound home cinema system and the television i have is a phillips 37" lcd.

So, i have this set up in my bedroom and the samsung player works fine when i am playing dvd's / cd's, the sound comes through the speaker setup.

The problem i am having is that i cannot seem to get sound through the system when i am watching normal television, i understand that not all channels / programs have the 5.1 setup etc, but i am not able to get any sound through the speakers watching "normal" television.

I have the tv connected to the cinema system via scart and also have the red and white cable which is connected from the tv to the back of the samsung cinema system.

Have i got this setup correctly etc ? i have tried messing around with the setup, in the samsung system, eg function aux1, aux2, D.in ? , dvd/cd etc

Can anyone help in getting this sorted as its been bugging me for a while, thanks for your help in advance

ps : just like to say what a great forum site this is, and amazed and the mass of information provided by the members, for the members.

help ? :lease:

Last edited by a moderator:

ows90

I have the tv connected to the cinema system via scart and also have the red and white cable which is connected from the tv to the back of the samsung cinema system.

Have i got this setup correctly etc ? i have tried messing around with the setup, in the samsung system, eg function aux1, aux2, D.in ? , dvd/cd etc

Have you checked that the audio cable from the back of the TV is connected to an OUTPUT socket (sometimes marked as a circle with an arrow pointing out of it), because there are often multiple RCA jacks on the back of sets that serve different purposes. (Also, what model is it?)

On the home cinema the Function mode needs to be "AUX 2" to hear audio from the phono input on the back of the unit.

(btw, you might want to get an HDMI cable to replace the SCART, as the picture usually gets improved.)

eddgreen25

Have you checked that the audio cable from the back of the TV is connected to an OUTPUT socket (sometimes marked as a circle with an arrow pointing out of it), because there are often multiple RCA jacks on the back of sets that serve different purposes. (Also, what model is it?)

On the home cinema the Function mode needs to be "AUX 2" to hear audio from the phono input on the back of the unit.

(btw, you might want to get an HDMI cable to replace the SCART, as the picture usually gets improved.)
does not look as if he has hdmi or he would have use it

hitman84

Standard Member
does not look as if he has hdmi or he would have use it

I have a gold plated HDMI cable, and there is a slot in the back of the dvd system and also 2 hdmi ports on the back of the tv, would i be better off connecting via this instead of scart.

As for the sound, i have aux2 in the back of the dvd system so i have a red and white cables plugged in there, and the other ends of these cables plugged into the back of the tv, (in the adio in ports red and white)the model of the tv is 37pfl5522d/05 (Philips Support - 37PFL5522D/05)

Any further help or am i just being silly and not doing something right?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
As already mentioned, make sure the RCA cable on the TV is actually connected to an output and not an input. You specified an input in your last post, which might be the problem.

Edit just checked an online manual and can't see any audio output, so I'm afraid your only option, if that is the case, is a 3.5mm to phono cable from the headphone output on the side.

Last edited:

hitman84

Standard Member
Thanks puma, i got in touch with phillips online help and they confirmed this for me, i need a 3.5mm jack to phono cable.

I have now got the problem of the television saying no signal or bad signal condition, it was working fine before i took the tv off the stand ! but i seem to pick up channels 1,2,3,4 but very fuzzy (not from freeview)

hitman84

Standard Member
ok, now ive figured i had damaged the aerial connection on the cable whilst unplugging the cable and bent it !

changed the cable over and away we go !

thanks for the help guys, much appreciated

H

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom