HT SS-100 / Sky HD Handshake Problem

AVSPUTNIK

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just connected my Sky HD box and Bluray player into my Sony HT-SS100 via HDMI this is then output to my Samsung TV.

The problem seems to occur when Sky is selected as the source & i turn off either the TV or the Sony AV then on switching back on i get a purple screen with audio as normal. This does not occur when the source is the Bluray player. Having done a few searches it seems to be a problem with HDCP / HDMI Handshake between the Sky Box, AV unit and TV, but i can't seem to find a solution.

I have swapped all the cables over, the cables are all short 1m ones and i have checked all the connections. Its getting very frustrating.

I have a work around in that the Sky box is now directly connected to the TV with audio going to the AV via optical connection, but this is not how i wanted to set it up as i wanted to use the AV to distribute the sources.

Please can anyone suggest a solution?

Last edited:
Do you know that you can't get 5.1 audio over HDMI from a Sky+HD box? You need to use optical or digital coaxial instead.

Unless you don't have enough HDMI inputs on your TV, I'd be tempted to leave it connected as is (HDMI to TV, optical to sound system).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom