HT-S5400 - Problem with flashing screen when using remote. HELP!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hhengr1, Jan 4, 2012.

1. hhengr1

hhengr1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just opened a new s5400 system and noticed that whenever i use the remote, it causes the screen to flash blue. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really not wanting to return the entire system since i ordered it from amazon...

I have a blu-ray player and satellite box connected to the receiver at the moment. I have only tried the system using the satellite. Everything is being run through HDMI cables.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. hhengr1

hhengr1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    after messing around with it for a while, i'm thinking that it might just be when the satellite is on that the screen flashes. it may be that combined with the onscreen display from the receiver that is causing it?? the hdmi cable running from the sat box is thinner than the others that i'm using...could that be a cause? I switched over to the blu-ray player and the screen didn't flash when i pressed anything.

still trying to find a solution...

3. hhengr1

hhengr1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    turns out it was the hdmi cable after all. I swapped the thinner one for a thicker cable and it worked fine...