• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HT-s3305 hdmi 5.1

skandalouz

Standard Member
Hi there,
I've recently purchased my Onkyo set, and after getting me some (too cheap?) HDMI cables I was ready to try my first movie. My bluray player was connected to my receiver, my receiver to my tv, all by HDMI, but I'm not sure whether I'm getting the most out of my audio.
When playing a movie, I can shuffle trough listening modes Direct, Mono, Stereo, PLII Movie and such, but no Dolby or DTS are available. I'm guessing this means the receiver is not getting any 5.1 input?
But can HDMI transfer this awesome sounds, or do i need something else?
Thanks in advance.

arbk66

Established Member
When playing a movie, I can shuffle trough listening modes Direct, Mono, Stereo, PLII Movie and such, but no Dolby or DTS are available.

Pressing the display button on the remote (top right) will show you what audio format the Onkyo is receiving.

I'm guessing this means the receiver is not getting any 5.1 input?

The Dolby logo should show in red on the Onkyo display and also any variant ie TrueHD

But can HDMI transfer this awesome sounds, or do i need something else?

Yes it can, I'd check your Blu-ray Player is outputting 'bitstream'

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom