• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ht-r330 problem, only front L R working ,help !!

kenten

Standard Member
i have a semi htpc system with x-fi extreme music installed for sound. and a ht-r330 receiver and 5.1 speakers.
i have three cables from sound card to onkyo r-330 multichannell ports.
for one year the setup was working properly although there were 2-3 occasions i accidently hit some button on the remote and only the front L R remained operative. i tried different combination on the remote and managed to get all my speakers to work .
i know i sound pretty dumb but i dont have time and the motivation to learn about all different sound signals and their decoding . I just need 5.1 sound watching movies and listening music. adding to this i live in turkey and one cannot find all the cables and adapters and such easily.
problem this time is the sAme as before ( meaning all channels muted except front L R) but this time i cant adjust it by hitting random buttons on the remote and front of the receiver. So i had to read the manual and pages of posts here and other forums. nothing works , i am one step away from throwing the receiver from the window. ( so you see i think the problem is caused by receiver.
it seems "speaker set A" works fine but "speaker set b" doesnt for some reason. i think my cleaning lady pushed some buttons accidently.
i would be grateful for any help
i tried resetting , it does not seem to work. it says clear and goes to stand by, when i start again it remembers even the volume level. nothing changes
i know if i take it to service they will be even more ignorant than mei and i will have to wait for days. (i live in turkey)
i am really desperate please help
thanks in advance

kenten

Standard Member
ok
i realised the problem is caused by the sound card
i changed the cable from sound card front LR with surround i and it worked.
last week i changed my graphic card from x1950 pro to 2600pro i there was some error message about the HD audio, i ignored and disabled at the device manager.
i think my problem bacme out of focus here.
still any help appreciated.

kenten

Standard Member
i solved the problem
for anyone who may experience this,
,hd audio controller which came with graphic card made speaker to be connected through hdmi
when i installed necessery drivers and set the x-fi default sound device it worked

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom