ht is100

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by benl22, Dec 31, 2011.

1. benl22

benl22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have recently bought the ht is100 sony surround sound system. but im having problems connecting it to my samsung tv. it will all work fine but then suddenly the sound will cut out from the surround sound. is there a settin i need to change on the tv. can any1 help :lease:.

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,503
    How are they connected? If it cuts out, it could be a fault or a dodgy connection (cable).

3. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,950
    If you mean literally broadcast/cable television, then it could simply be switching between programs that do and do not have 5.1 surround sound.

I think you've left off too much information for anyone to make an educated guess.

- What is connected to what and how?

- Specifically, how does the (literally) TV sound get to the speaker system?

- When you say 'suddenly the sound will cut out' what are you watching when this happens - DVD, BluRay, Cable TV, broadcast TV, all of the above, etc...?

- What is the TV? Brand and model?

Steve/bluewizard

4. benl22

benl22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The tv is a samsung le40r88bdxixeu, roughly 5 years old. The sound will cut out wen im watching free view tv, which is built into the tv. It is connected to the surround sound via optical cable. When ive got the playstation on which is connected via hdmi which passes throught the surround sound it works fine with no proplems at all. ive also had the surround sound wired upto my sony bravia tv and it work fine then aswell.

ben lloyd

5. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,503
    I would try another cable to be honest but it could be that the TV audio is faulty or it could be the home cinema system. The only way to find out is to fault find by swapping sources i.e. try another optical source (PS3). If the PS3 optical output works, it would indicate that it is the TV that is at fault.