HT/House audio setup for new build

gips

Novice Member
Hi,
I am just about to build a house and am interested in getting it setup for sound and HT.

Would appreciate some feedback as to what sort of sound system I should install and also what wiring I should put in place now. I am not really an audiophile so please feel free to recommend brands of speakers, amps etc.

In the open plan living want to install speakers in the ceiling (perhaps just above where the sofa will be) so that the sounds from the TV are not lost in the white noise from the kitchen. Don't want it to loud just enough to enjoy the TV while someone is talking in the kitchen. While entertaining may play background music via the speakers.

In the outdoor entertaining area will have a TV and want to have outdoor speakers that can play the TV audio and or other music sources while entertaining.

The rumpus room will be extra large and half of it will double up as a HT plan to slowly put in a screen, pj etc.

Currently thinking of a 2 zone amp that can do the open plan living and outdoor area a second 2 zone amp that can be set up for the rumpus. The music played will mostly be on-line services. Would like a system that can be controlled via phone apps.

Havn't worked out a budget yet. I am not looking for the best system but rather something that is better than the cheapo off the shelf.

Any ideas and feedback will be most appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom