Hsu ULS-15 subwoofer makes farting noise (slow vibrating)

raphaelchang

Standard Member
About half a year ago, my Hsu ULS-15 subwoofer stopped making its usual sound. Instead, it made a farting noise, like the woofer was vibrating too slowly. It only makes the sound when it is supposed to play bass. I checked how much power it was using, and it was very little. I think it may be a built-in amplifier problem or an electrical problem. I have already tried plugging it in to another audio source and electrical source, and the results were still the same. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Badger0-0

Welcome to the forums :smashin:

It's either the built-in amplifier or the driver itself, I'd say :(

raphaelchang

Standard Member
I've tried pushing the cone in, but there is no scratching sound and the movement is very smooth.

Is there any way I can find the specific problem and fix it myself?

Last edited:

Badger0-0

I'd be suspecting the amp even more in that case.
And if it is, you need specific knowledge of electronics and it's not something you can really fix yourself.

The only thing I can think of is connecting it at high level, which may eliminate some of the circuitry causing the problem, but I doubt it'd make any difference.

raphaelchang

Standard Member
The result is still the same after connecting it to high-level inputs. I connected it to a normal speaker amplifier, so the power may not have been enough... :confused:

I might take it to Hsu to get it fixed... Thanks for your help!

Badger0-0

Very difficult to say then.

Hopefully others will have better suggestions :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom