• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HSBC Balance transfer card

Mr Noble

Distinguished Member
Have a few 0% cards coming to the end of a 0% term in the next few months, plus one at 24.9%

Wanting to shift all my eggs into one basket, i've been accepted for a 32 month 0% HSBC balance transfer card.

Anyone that has experience with hsbc balance transfers can you confirm if the balance can be transferred to a UK current account just to save multiple transfer fee's

Monty Nine

Pretty sure the balances can only be transferred to the new credit card

zed4

No, that would be classed as a money transfer, not a balance transfer. It’s usually a higher transfer fee to do that.

I noticed First Direct wrote to me a couple of days ago offering 28 months at 0% for a 0.99%. Seems crazy cheap.

Monty Nine

How would that save money? Aren't the fees a percentage each time? So if you are transferring say £3k total from three cards to one, you would pay a % of £3k - ?

Unless the transfers are under some minimum amount?

Say 3% transfer fee but 18 months at 0%. That would work out cheaper than paying 18% on the existing cards.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom