HS50 wanted

Dwayne Dibley

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where there maybe any in stock at £1500(ish).... I have 1 on order but my order has been put back by at least 2 (maybe 3) weeks and I'm getting impatient :thumbsdow ... I'm thinking of cancelling and going somewhere else.... any ideas?

Dwayne Dibley said:
Does anyone know where there maybe any in stock at £1500(ish).... I have 1 on order but my order has been put back by at least 2 (maybe 3) weeks and I'm getting impatient :thumbsdow ... I'm thinking of cancelling and going somewhere else.... any ideas?

Did you buy it on Guiltronics? I did as well and I have to wait just the same as you... :suicide:
Unfortunately, no one else seems to have the Sony at the same price tag in UK...

kikekun said:
Did you buy it on Guiltronics? ...
That's an affirmative.... the guy there is being very understanding, he has no problems with me cancelling the order.... but there's no point unless I can source another from somewhere else .... I'm waiting on a call from another supplier to see if they are getting a delivery this week (they will price match :smashin: ) ... I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Mine will be up for sale in the classifieds soon.

Edgeyboy said:
Mine will be up for sale in the classifieds soon.

For what reason?

hebawom said:
For what reason?

Could it be the GrahamMG effect perchance? :devil:

...PJ

Dwayne, keep in mind that a dealer said here that the next Sony's batch is taking very long because maybe it'll come with the cropping issue already fixed, so probably, any unit you get your hands on right now is going to be flawed...
I'm actually going to wait those 2-3 weeks :(

I'm buying a CRT, hence the sale.

Edgeyboy said:
I'm buying a CRT, hence the sale.

I understand that you are changing your machine. But the Sony is brand new. I doubt you'd have bought it if you already had the CRT idea. What didn't you like about the Sony?

kikekun said:
Dwayne, keep in mind that a dealer said here that the next Sony's batch is taking very long because maybe it'll come with the cropping issue already fixed, so probably, any unit you get your hands on right now is going to be flawed...
I'm actually going to wait those 2-3 weeks :(
Good Point Kikekun.

It's just I've been trying to remain poised and :cool: about its imminent arrival, but then to learn it's gonna be another 2-3 weeks (which in turn may get moved, for all we know! ever the optimist!) has kinda blown my coolness. And what with people talking about 'dead pixels' :thumbsdow it's almost talking me out of an LCD pj altogether!! (ok... taking deep breaths!) :rolleyes:

Dwayne Dibley said:
Good Point Kikekun.

It's just I've been trying to remain poised and :cool: about its imminent arrival, but then to learn it's gonna be another 2-3 weeks (which in turn may get moved, for all we know! ever the optimist!) has kinda blown my coolness. And what with people talking about 'dead pixels' :thumbsdow it's almost talking me out of an LCD pj altogether!! (ok... taking deep breaths!) :rolleyes:

If you took all the noise about problems with PJ's (both LCD and DLP) at face value then no-one would buy one. When you actually get it, you'll wonder why everyone hasn't got one.
I'm not downplaying the fact that people do have issues with PJ's and on balance they don't look to be as robust as, say, a CRT. But I do think you get a false sense of proportion reading this forum which, by it's nature, will discuss the shortcomings of the technology on a fairly regular basis...PJ

Thank you Dr PJTX100.... your calming words have... erm calmed me. You are absolutely right, of course, I just had a moment of doubt, you know how it is!!Cheers again. :thumbsup:

Just read this over the American AVS Forums:

"The latest after the 720p update is:

I just heard today, projectors purchased from Sony, should have the 720p update installed. There are and have been back order delays while Sony tweaked the production of the HS-51 to incorporate the 720p update. .......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A additional and VERY credible "inside" info says that this HS50/51s (tweaked production ones) will ALSO have a better panel mounting method !!!!"

Maybe one more reason to wait? ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom