1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS50 trigger for beamax electric??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jules, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    There are 4 wires coming from my beamax electric screen, and I've connected this up successfully to the supplied 3-position rocker switch.
    From what I can see, the screen effectively has 2 circuits (up and down) where the rocker switches the live connection to either of the 2 circuits or a central 'neither' position.

I've looked on here and found a couple of posts about building a circuit for just a few pounds that will allow the 12v trigger from a projector (such as my Sony HS50) to close each circuit alternately upon powering on/off the projector.

The problem is I don't really know what the 12v trigger from the projector will be doing...... is it providing a constant 12v supply, or just a 12v burst when switched on or off?
    And... how can you make a single 12v circuit from the projector control what is effectively 2 circuits on the screen. Is it a polarity thing?

Can anyone explain to me in laymans terms how this whole trigger thing works, how to build the circuit and a rough idea of how much it will cost to build it.

I'm ok with a soldering iron and not afraid to try, but I do need some help.
    I don't want to end up sending 240 volts back to the projectors 12v trigger socket!

Thanks