1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs50 throw distance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by abs, May 28, 2005.

1. abs

abs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    i will be moving home in the not too distant future. i currently have a Hs50 thowing an image onto my 7ft owl 4:3 screen at a distance of 10-12 feet from screen. in the new place i want to buy a 8ft 16:9 screen..the problem in the new place is the lounge has been extended with a wall on one side and a patio door on the other side. i want to place the screen above the patio door. the problem i have is that the patio half of the room is the extended part but it is smaller in length than the other half of the room. there are supports on the side wall and ceiling where the extension was done so the ceiling between both area's is seperated by the supports.

now the options i have are to place the proj on the ceiling in the extended part of the room firing at the patio door where the screen will be suspended. can anyone tell me what the minimum distance i would need to achieve an 8ft image (i would say it will be roughly 10-12 feet from the screen)
    if this is too close then the only other option would be to place the proj on the other side of the room (about 20 feet from screen) on a shelf above seating. if i did the latter would i still be able to fill an 8ft image and would i lose any quality in doing so? :lease:

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032