1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS50 & pal x box

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by toxicmango, Feb 6, 2005.

1. toxicmango

toxicmango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

It looks like I am being swayed towards the hs 50. I had a question about the xbox - I am talking about a normal Pal xbox. For any owners of HS50 and a pal xbox does the hs50 automatically pick up the 60 hz signal. I ask because I demoed a ae700 and a 48-5 the other day. The 4805 picked up the 60hz however the panny could not and it had to be set up at 50hz. Just wondering whether there are similair issues with a sony hs50

2. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I wouldn't know abour 50 and 60 Hz...

All I know is that yesterday I finally got round to connecting my x-box via rgb component, (Thats the rgb cable available fro the x-box, into my Sony RDR-HX900 DVD player that then outputs a component signal..), to my HS-50 and voila.... straight away gorgeous 6 foot games screen.... no worrying about refresh rates or anything like that!

20 minutes of Call of Duty and I'm a nervous wreck!!!!

VERY immersive :smashin:

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Hi.

I tested this earlier for you. The HS50 connected via component does pick up the 60hz signal if the x-box is asked to output it.

Just had a few games of pro-evo 4 to test it.

Hope this helps.

Captain Benefit.

By the way, odd that the 700 did ont pick up the 60hz mode. My AE300 did.
    Were you connecting the xbox via component?

4. toxicmango

toxicmango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Captain Benefit when I tried the panny 700 i used the scart connection as i do not have component leads for the xbox (never had a tv with them)