1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS50 owners- have you tried these settings?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Alistair_M, May 15, 2005.

1. Alistair_M

Alistair_M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    From this thread over on avs

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=538257

I assigned the first set to user1:

Contrast 78
    Brightness 55
    Color 44
    Hue 51
    Sharpness off or lowest setting
    Gamma Off
    Black level OFF
    Iris AUTO
    Bulb LOW

Service mode settings - for colour - I assigned these to custom 1:

RG = 140
    GG = 78
    BG = 100

RB = 123
    GB = 128
    BB = 132

I got a big improvement over the factory settings. Better blacks, much more punch and a very good contrast ratio

What do you think?

2. NB2121

NB2121
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tryied them myself.
    Amazing pq. I was ready to try Smart III tool, but now i more than happy :thumbsup:
    Blacks are fantastic, more punch and excellent gery scale, at least for my pj (one of the latest with the fw update installed). I am feeding from a panny S97 with Supra 12m HDMI cable at 1080i and the image q is jaw dropping - keep in mind that i used to have a vw 12ht and after that one of the first pre firmware updated HS50 along with the sony 999es dvdp.
    The diff. now is amasing (2nd generation HS50 and panny S97).

Regards

Nick

3. Dwayne Dibley

Dwayne Dibley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    NB2121,

just so I am clear, are you saying that your HS50 (with new firmware) has a markedly improved picture over your old HS50?

I have what I suspect now to be an old version HS50, which I was assured by my reseller was actually a new firmware version. I have now been waiting on them to confirm either way since 4th April. Surely it can't take that long?!

4. NB2121

NB2121
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, yes at least to my eys the "updated" one is more brighter (don't need anymore to use High lamp as before, and sharpness is improved (this must be due to better panel allignment to the newer versions). Also, another difference i noticed was that the second unit i had (the "v2" as i call it) has a little sticker on the left hand top corner of the pj advertising the ... 3LCD technology used !?!?! Well, the first unit i had last November did not had this sticker so i guess that perhaps the latest one have it so to be easily distinguished from the older ones ?
    Who knows.

Regards

Nick