1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS50 - OVERSCAN without Blanking via 720p?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by indyjones, Mar 8, 2005.

1. indyjones

indyjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It seems that the Blanking issue is finally resolved. From what I understand, all new HS50s will have the fix, and all previously delivered ones can be upgraded.
    The HUGE overscan has always been an issue with the Sony. Here's the question. If I feed the PJ with a 720p signal via HDMI/DVI, then all the pixels should be represented at a 1:1 ratio. Without the Blanking, there should be no more overscan, right? Or is this just my theory?
    Also, how's the screen door effect on the Sony? It uses different panels, appearantly the pixels are more round than square. How far away (in relation to screen width) do you have to be in order not to see the pixels?
    Thanks, Indy

2. indyjones

indyjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nobody? I'm sure some of the HS 50 owner's know! It would be much appreciated!
    Indy :rolleyes:

3. Scotty

Scotty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Indy, I guess the simple answer is known one knows yet, very few if any have had theirs upgraded and the rest of us are still waiting for the revised model to be released.

From all account the pixel are more rounded than square and at distance of around 1.5 times screen width from the screen the pixel structure is not visible.

Hope this is of some help