Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HS50 and Arcam DV79

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kishoo, Feb 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kishoo

kishoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi There,

First post in the forums !!

I have just upgraded to a DV79 by Arcam with HDMI out and also have a HS50 on order.
    Does anyone out there have this combination and can they give me some feedback on this combi.

Cheers

Kishoo

2. kgulls

kgulls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Having had this combination up and running for the last month can I say how pleased I am with the results so far.After tweaking the picture using a mixture of calibration disk and settings suggested on this and other forums,I now have a picture that does produce the "wow"feeling,especially from friends and family.
    I've gone the hdmi route between dvd and projector and everything else (Ps2,X-box etc)through the Arcam Avr300 via component.
    Should be spending hours wading through my Dvd collection if it were'nt for the fun of playing WE8 or Pro-Evo4 on a big screen.
    Although I can't really see a great difference in the picture if fed interlaced or progressive from the Dv79 I have wondered just what improvement might be expected from an external scaler able to match the Sony screen resolution.
    Scalers seem ,from what I read on the forums,to be becoming an important part of a home cinema set up,but do add a not insignificant amount to the budget.It's the old problem of just how much of an improvement would one see?
    If anyone has tried a scaler with this combination I would love to know there opinion.
    Incidentally I had to wait ages (7 weeks) for Sony to upgrade the firmware on the Hs50 before I bought it from the dealer but given that the Arcam does'nt upscale it would need an external scaler to allow me to see the results. :)