Hs20

benji_m

Established Member
Reaction score
Mods please delete if crossing the line, not sure where that is!

If anyone is interested in a HS20 may want to look at the special offers section (Naked Hint!)

Cheers

Hi Ben.

No, finding myself more & more busy these days & likely to get worse soon as I'm changing jobs. Have watched maybe 2 movies on my projector in the last two weeks :(

How can you sell the HS20 for such a low price? Amazing. The best currently available LCD is now on a par (cost wise) with AE500 & Z2 :eek:

Don't know how much stock you have but can't see it lasting long at that price.

:smoke:

hi, i have a new sofa arriving soon and then wish to buy my 1st pj. wanted the z2 but with the hs20 at this price will go for that. got a new credit card arriving soon too.!
i need to measure up once sofa arrives. some q:
1. not sure to mount on coffee table from 8-9 foot or on a shelf or ceiling mount from 11-12 foot?

2.is it easy to build a diy mount for hs20?

3.want to buy a portable pj screen from drh. the lite model? any reviews?

4.going to use a 10m component cable from cambridge audio 53 dvd player. do you think i will need a pal prog scan player?

5. any other things i need to consider about before buying??

advise greatly appreciated.

:confused:
:beer:

Benji,

Can you answer Kramers ? and tell us how you can offer the HS0 at that price.

Chris

Simply answer is I don't Know! but I am very happy at the news! Puts this amazing machine in a whole different marketplace.

Usually I have an eye in on pricing and stuff but I was really busy yesterday and just was told the new price! Nothing sinister, just the same stock that was at £1998 on Monday!

Oh well Kramer, good look with your new job, PJ review editior on the new Haymarket Home Cinema mag?????

We can't really predict what Sony do in terms of deals or pricing, with PJ's we just sell at trade + vat and give the best service we can. I can assure you there is very little money made by anyone on PJ's!!!!!

Even at £1998 it's a cracking buy, compared to the retail of £2700 and also compared to the official sony trade price!

Are the 2 companies in your bit at the bottom - one and the same.

It all just seems a little bit odd, if no one makes much cash on PJ's how you can knock £500 off. Presumably all the other suppliers are jumpimg up and down now because discounttv MUST be getting the HS20'S A LOT CHEAPER.

These PJ's are new stock and the way these things usually happen is we take a batch at a certain price, this batch is just at a better price. Other suppliers have their own issues but there is nothing really special about us (apart from our 25 years of experience and great service, sorry, had to do it!)

I dare say if other dealers went looking for a deal they would get it, how much they would pass on is another issue!

Really though, I do feel retailers are a little unfairly treated. We mostly do our very best for you guys, its the manufacturers who muck around with prices, deals and service so much. All we basically do is look at what they cost us and sell it at that!

The HS20 price came completely out of the blue to me, these things just cannot be anticipated unfortunately

Best Regards

Ben,

Thanks for the explanation - not that one was really necessary.... tthat's a cracking price for the HS20................

Sneaky,

Discounttv are long time sponsors of the forum and this isn't the first time that Ben has put good deals out to forum members - the AE100s as long as almost two years ago, AE200s AE300s etc.

Sean G.

Sean,

Another old hand, not seen you around these parts for a while either! Kramer & TheRitz in one day!

sneaky, the royjowetthomecinema price is now changed btw - we are one and the same but one department is more efficient than the other!

Cheers

Benji,

Sorry that it looked as though I was having ago. I wasnt, just a little p****d off that I have a PJ that is 8 weeks old that has dropped £600. To put a tin hat on it I have even had to send it back to Sony today because of a fault. Shame I cant ask for my money back.

Chris

pack man - about 2000 hours that goes upto 3000 hours if you use cinema mode.

Chris

Are you sure sneaky? I thought standard and cinema have the same lamp mode. It's only when you use dynamic do you get the extra light kick in, then the fan starts getting louder because the lamp is working harder.

Switching from standard to cinema, you heard the iris click in and out. No change in fan speed. Could be wrong though.

Getting mine end of May :clap:

Anyone gonna connect it via HDMI?

The price of these cables is :eek:

Venom,

Thats right standard and cinema supposed to be upto 3000. Sorry I didnt put the standard mode in. I always run mine in standard mode.

Mr D, Thought you already had a Sony PJ from KirshAV.

Jack Daws are you saying that you wont get your PJ till the end of May from Benji.

Chris

Originally posted by sneaky

Mr D, Thought you already had a Sony PJ from KirshAV.

Chris

Not I . They werre a possibility a few months ago as they were the cheapest but not now.

Originally posted by sneaky
Jack Daws are you saying that you wont get your PJ till the end of May from Benji.

Yeah but only cos I cannot afford one right now ;)

Need the money from my house sale. Ben as kindly put one aside for me :thumbsup:

hi
just ordered one..... am so excited just hope i receive on saturday...
regards
nick...

Originally posted by spacekdet69
hi
just ordered one..... am so excited just hope i receive on saturday...
regards
nick...
Lucky sod :D

I expect an indepth review buy lunch time Saturday ;)

:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom