1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS20 woes

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Operandi, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Operandi

Operandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I bought my HS20 in December 2003 and have had loads of startup problems with it, even though its a great projector.

The first problem was that when I turned it on, it would intermittently display a distorted picture. It was eventually returned to Sony who gave it an EPROM upgrade and tweaked a few other bits.

All was fine, but it now occasionally displays a scrolling matrix of green dots across the whole screen when it is turned on and switches to the active input. I thought a DVD disk was damaged intially when I first saw it, but it happens with a number of different disks. The dots disappear when the PJ is turned back to standby and then powered on again. This is an intermitent problem and occurrs about one in four times the PJ is turned on from standy.

Has anyone got any ideas what this problem could be? The retailer has offered to send it to Sony again, but as this is the third time I'll be sending it back to the retailer, I'd like to know more about what could be causing this problem before paying yet more carriage charges.

Thanks

2. Operandi

Operandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas anybody?