1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS20 via DVI problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Goragio, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Goragio

Goragio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using my hs20 (+standalone dvd player via component) for a few months with no problems.

Decided to play around with hooking up my PC via DVI (the lure of HD and Farcry/HL2).
    PC has Radeon 9800 pro, WinXP and 17" crt running at 1024x768 via vga. However maximum resolution I can set for the dvi output seems to be 1024x768.
    If I use powerstrip instead of the Windows display panel I can set the resolution to 1280x768 but then I get a cropped picture.

Any ideas?
    Should be possible to run different resolutions from different outputs shouldn't it?

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Lots of info about HS10/20 and pc/custom resolution about - use the Search button at the top of the page - "Powerstrip" would be a good start.

Sean G.

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Whilst its fairly straight forward to get the HS20 running in full res ( or there abouts!) playing games usually locks you into a resolution that the game will support so whilst you can run the desktop in 1368x768 the games may well lock you into a few of the more standard resolutions 1024x778 , 1280x1024 etc. And a lot of them will be 4x3 so you'll get black bar padding at the sides of the image.

I don't find any great hardship playing Doom3 at 1024x778 though.

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    "I don't find any great hardship playing Doom3 at 1024x778 though."

Lol.....

Sean.

5. Goragio

Goragio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, did a search and found Kramer's settings, put those into powerstrip but display 2 (the hs20) wont take them.
    Screen goes black for a few seconds then reverts back to 1024x768.

Have hs20 input selected to dvi.

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    You need to do some further reading on this topic: run a search on here and AVS forums its well covered.

Rather than run cloned with an extended desktop run in switch between monitor modes so you only ever have one primary moniotr activated at a time. Then just switch over the res for the HS20 by pressing alt-F5 or whatever you prefer to set.

Also use the sony 900W monitor driver for the HS20 ( I actually use it for all my monitors)

Also make sure the HS20 is in the correct display mode ( but I think mine locks into full mode anyway)

7. Goragio

Goragio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Keith.
    Did a bit more research and it's sorted now.