1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs20 @ Techtronics

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vicbarry, Nov 26, 2003.

1. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi gang. Anyone order a Sony Hs20 from techtronics. It works out at €3069, while at pricejapan its around €2500. I have dealt with techtronics once before and found them to be great. The warranty issue is worrying me though, if i buy in japan, it would be costly and a pain to send the thing half way round the world.......

2. Rattus

Rattus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vic,
    I got basically the same price from Hi-Spek in St. Albans if that helps. I'm not saying they are a better mail order outfit than Techtronics, but they are another option. I've always dealt in person with them, firstly for a 36" Panasonic TV a few years ago - they were the only place with stock at a reasonable price, then on Sunday I bought the HS20 and screen. Found them very reasonable in deed to deal with.

HTH

Martyn

3. Kam the Man

Kam the Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't touch TT with a bargepole. Do a search on these forums and you'll soon find out why!

Kam.

4. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Kam...yeah ive been told about them...i saw aload of posts in various news groups dated 1999, 2000 saying TT were very poor. I take it things havent got much better then....

5. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Martyn, thanks for that. might give them a go....

6. Kam the Man

Kam the Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try digital point. my mate and i used them recently. mega quick delivery and good price.

Kam.

7. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    hi-spek wont ship to ireland, couldnt find it on digital point a link anyone. i really dont want to buy it over here, because the price will rip me off. i am half tempted to go with pricejapan, but am concerned over warranty, and shipping back and forth etc.etc.