1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS20 Sideshot and pq degradation

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TB, Jan 6, 2004.

1. TB

TB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone used the sideshot functionality on this? Considering replacing my tiring AE100, and the sideshot functionality would be hugely useful. However I think I've read reports that it has a significant effect on pq can anyone confirm?

2. Operandi

Operandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use my HS20 in line with the right hand side of the screen so I've used the sideshot facility to compensate. I can't see any PQ degradation, however I think that you should try and demo the HS20 with sideshot compensation to make your own mind up.

3. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a hs10 and used the side shot feature for the first couple of weeks until I sorted a mount for it in the centre of my room.

To be honest the degredation was not realy that bad,I know purists will disagree but it was negligble.

More irritating was the light overspill which was in the end was just to much.

This has to be in my veiw the main niggle with sideshot technologys.

Attached Files: