HS20 Setup Problem

sneaky

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

I have received my HS20 and I am mad keen to get it setup. Plugged the DVI cable from the Radeon in the HCPC to the projector - I get absolutely nothing. Unplug DVI cable and plug a monitor into the VGA port - screen comes on the monitor. Plug the DVI cable back in and absolutely nothing from monitor otr projector.

What I actually want is to plug the dvi into the projector from radeon and get rid of the monitor - presumably - it is a case of setting the DVI port to primary device - but I just cant see it.

Something simple but just missing it - help and advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

vicbarry

Novice Member
Chris, you have pressed the input button to select DVI, i know you probably have but just checking. The PJ multi is the only cable that will search for a connection.

sneaky

Standard Member
Thanks Vic,

That was one of the problems - the other one was I had not made the DVI port the primary and said it was available for use.

I have a picture and what a georgeous picture it is. My nect problem is that in the display bit of control panel I only get offered 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768. I should presumably be using 1280 x 720. How do I do that.

Thanks

Chris

A

ailean

That's the tricky bit. :)

Do a search for hs20 or hs10 and ati/powerstrip.

You should find a couple of threads with details. Basicly you need to install Powerstrip and create a custom monitor file with the extra modes (1280x720 & 1386x786 or there abouts :) ). It's a pain but once it's working it is rather cool.

sneaky

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice but still have a few problems. I have set a custom resolution and can see it in the user defined resolutions.

My question is - how do I use that resolution - where do I choose it from.

Chris

sneaky

Standard Member
Thanks once again guys - everything seems ok now. Just needed a reboot and then the resolution was recognized(funny I thought it had rebooted).

Another question - I have all PAL disks - I know about the multiples of 25 etc etc - with the sony being 56 what do I set the monitor refresh at 60 or 75.

Thanks

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom