1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS20 on a shelf?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamiev, May 18, 2004.

1. jamiev

jamiev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    can the hs20 be mounted on a shelf rather than ceiling mount?
    does it need a lot of distance from the wall for cooling??

:lease:

2. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Although not quite in the same league, i have an HS2 that is on a shelf at the back of my room.

It can be put and is put close to the wall as there is enough clearance for vents (on front) and cable clearances.

Someone with an HS20 should be able to tell you the clearances from their manual i expect and where the vents are.

Looking at the pictures on projectorcentral.com there are a lot of slats/grills on the front.....

3. terminal santa

terminal santa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The HS20 air inputs are on the bottom of the projector and it exhausts from the front, so shelf mounting is a possibility, however if you plan to have the shelf quite high up, you may need to have the pj upside-down in order to remove the need to do electronic keystone correction as the bottom (or top) of the image is in-line with the top of the lens.

Have fun

Terminal Santa

4. Goragio

Goragio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my HS20 on a tall (2m) bookshelf, had to turn it upside down though.

The only issue I have found is that the projector is relatively light and there are no feet when it's upside down; thus any knocks etc move it around.

Will have to find a non-slip type mat or something I think.

5. terminal santa

terminal santa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey

My only concern with having it mounted like that on a shelf would be knocks and vibrations which i am sure arn't gonna help the lamp life - maybe a rubber mat which has some vibration deadening properties could be handy....

just a thought

Santa