HS20 foreign voltage

V

Venom1969

Just got my new Sony HS20 from japan. And goddammit I didn't prepare for everything. Opened the box with glee and delight to discover a japanese/american 2 prong plug. OMG!! :mad:

Of course, I totally forgot about the plug. I went out and bought a "travel" adapter. Unfortunately, this thing just changes the prongs on the plug to fit UK/Irish plugs and doesn't change the voltage. Can the HS20 autodetect different voltages or will I fry the thing? I have to make sure before I do anything. Help!! Vicbarry, kramer, anybody! :confused:

V

Venom1969

Well it turns out, the HS20 has autosensing voltage from 100v to 250v. An adapter is all that's needed. :clap:

Switched it on, and (once again) WOWee!!! This things rocks. It's very bright. I don't have a light meter handy but oh yes. This projector has no problems outputting a very bright image. I slapped in SSX 3, 16:9 format. Klablamo!!! Sparkling whites and a gaming experience I'll never forget. :clap:

Prelimanary reports shows pixel misalignment. I'm projecting on a white wall with ambient light. I get a green tinge on the left side of the focus screen and on the crosshairs. Not enough for me to send it back yet. I'm gonna enjoy this baby a little bit longer. :smoke:

A

ailean

Hmm the only mention I could spot in the manual is;

AC 100 to 240 V. 2.9-1.1A. 50/60 Hz

This is a US PDF copy so I'd think it's an international power supply. It should say on the case somewhere, haven't got mine to hand to check.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom