1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS20 dealers anywhere near N. Essex?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Richard Harnwell, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well, I've decided to upgrade my Sony 10HT to a HS20, but I really want to see the specific unit in action before I pay my money. I get the impression that dead pixels are pretty rare on the HS*0 projectors, but convergence issues seem pretty frequent.

I can only find web-only retailers for this model (my normal local favourites (Sevenoaks & Rayleigh) don't stock it).

Can anyone recommend a real, bricks & mortar shop that stocks these within a reasonable drive of N. Essex (Colchester)?

I realise I'll have to pay a little bit more, but it will be worth it if I get to choose the best unit out of a bunch!

2. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I guess second best would be an online store with very good returns policy (no restocking fee!)

3. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    $ony centre in Chelmsford have one in the shop but there is no way to see it in a light controlled environment. I bought mine there using Barclaycard and plan to use their price promise to get back the £400 extra I paid compared to the best internet price.

4. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good idea - cheers!

5. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Mind you, I don't suppose that will help me do a proper test for convergence errors etc. before buying. Can anyone recommend anywhere near-ish that could do this?

6. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    FWIW mine is OK for convergence and purity. The only thing I could complain about is that the right hand side of the image (ceiling mount) is far from straight. The other three edges seem pretty good. I assume this is lens distortion, anyone else get it? I am about mid-zoom when stretching 1280x720 Computer Mode DVI to full screen (90" diag)