HS20 dealers anywhere near N. Essex?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Richard Harnwell, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well, I've decided to upgrade my Sony 10HT to a HS20, but I really want to see the specific unit in action before I pay my money. I get the impression that dead pixels are pretty rare on the HS*0 projectors, but convergence issues seem pretty frequent.

I can only find web-only retailers for this model (my normal local favourites (Sevenoaks & Rayleigh) don't stock it).

Can anyone recommend a real, bricks & mortar shop that stocks these within a reasonable drive of N. Essex (Colchester)?

I realise I'll have to pay a little bit more, but it will be worth it if I get to choose the best unit out of a bunch!

2. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I guess second best would be an online store with very good returns policy (no restocking fee!)

3. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    $ony centre in Chelmsford have one in the shop but there is no way to see it in a light controlled environment. I bought mine there using Barclaycard and plan to use their price promise to get back the £400 extra I paid compared to the best internet price.

4. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good idea - cheers!

5. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Mind you, I don't suppose that will help me do a proper test for convergence errors etc. before buying. Can anyone recommend anywhere near-ish that could do this?

6. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    FWIW mine is OK for convergence and purity. The only thing I could complain about is that the right hand side of the image (ceiling mount) is far from straight. The other three edges seem pretty good. I assume this is lens distortion, anyone else get it? I am about mid-zoom when stretching 1280x720 Computer Mode DVI to full screen (90" diag)