1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hs2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lumox, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Lumox

Lumox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if its easy to put a bigger hard drive in an hs2
    If its not possible does anyone want to buy my hs2!

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Why would you need a bigger HDD? - you can record almost 8hrs in XP quality mode! The whole point of the HDD is just a (small) temporary storage area where you can edit things and then dub them to DVD-R. If you don't want to do this get a few DVD-RAMs and dub backwards and forwards between these and the HDD.

However if you really need a larger HDD then the HS3 will be out soon with a 120/160GB drive.

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are serious I'd certainly be interested in buying it.

Please let me know how much and the rest of the details

Thanks

Dave

4. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    me too :)

5. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    No one outside of japan has been able to do it as it requires a software update to see the extra space. This software release has not been issued in english, and no one has been able to crack it yet, and circulate the method.

You can replace the hd for a quieter version but the power supply is marginal and the new hd must consume about the same power as the original or the unit crashes. Larger discs can be used but the extra space is not utilised.

Anyway I always use the sp mode and find 18 hours of space has yet to be filled.

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Just out of interest why do you use SP mode over XP mode? Ok obviously it's to do with space but do you leave things on it long enough to warrant the drop in quality (I know it's not *that* much of a drop)?

I record everything on the HDD in XP mode and copy to DVD in FR (normally aound 90 minutes per disk) - the quality is indistinguishable from the original on a 36" TV.

7. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I often have 10 to 12 hours on the hard drive waiting to be viewed or archived. Probably only archive one recording in 20, the rest are just timeshifted programs to view and delete.

Anyway I can hardly see any difference on my 36" set between a recording in either xp or sp mode, and the only real reason to use xp mode is to take advantage of the fr mode when archiving a program which is less than 2 hours in length.