1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS2 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CARLOS, Mar 19, 2003.

1. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    You can input an RGB signal through the scart and it outputs through S-Video, Therefore i guess it can convert, similar to an RGB to S-Video converter ?

If so is the quality of conversion on par with a seperate converter like the JS Technolohy unit ?

Cheers

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    I guess nobody knows the answer then :confused:

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only way you would know was if you had such a converter and could compare the two, I doubt many people would be in that position!

All I can say is that I use it the other way: I input s-video and output RGB. This is from my Sky+ box. I have the 20e and I cannot input RGB. The conversion is so good I cannot tell any difference (on a 36" TV) between the RGB output from the Panny and the original RGB output from the Sky+

Hope this helps!

DaveP

4. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    Ok mate thanks for the reply, It sound as though it may be as good from what you`ve said about converting the other way.

I`ll let you know if it is, As i`ve just took delivery this afternoon of a HS2 :)