Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HS2 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CARLOS, Mar 19, 2003.

1. CARLOS

CARLOS
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    You can input an RGB signal through the scart and it outputs through S-Video, Therefore i guess it can convert, similar to an RGB to S-Video converter ?

If so is the quality of conversion on par with a seperate converter like the JS Technolohy unit ?

Cheers

2. CARLOS

CARLOS
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    I guess nobody knows the answer then :confused:

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only way you would know was if you had such a converter and could compare the two, I doubt many people would be in that position!

All I can say is that I use it the other way: I input s-video and output RGB. This is from my Sky+ box. I have the 20e and I cannot input RGB. The conversion is so good I cannot tell any difference (on a 36" TV) between the RGB output from the Panny and the original RGB output from the Sky+

Hope this helps!

DaveP

4. CARLOS

CARLOS
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    Ok mate thanks for the reply, It sound as though it may be as good from what you`ve said about converting the other way.

I`ll let you know if it is, As i`ve just took delivery this afternoon of a HS2 :)