Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HS2 Queries

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by loz1, Dec 23, 2003.

1. loz1

loz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've had an HS2 now for a week or so and have a couple of questions for fellow owners out there.

1) Do you find DVD's get pretty warm when you take them out after playing them for a few hours and is this anything to worry about, i.e. will it damage the DVD's?

2) If I want to record off my Nokia STB and watch another channel at the same time how would I do this bearing in mind I'm currently connected up to a plasma via the 1 RGB to component box. I've no aerial connected to the HS2 at the moment so would this give me access to terrestrial channels while recording from the STB or is it not that simple? Alternatively I guess a 2nd STB would work?

Cheers,
    Lawrence

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    DVD's get warm due to the laser used to read and write to them.

You cannot view anything via the hs2 when it is recording except the recording itself if you turn the unit on, or another pre-recorded program or dvd in the drive.
    An aerial connection would allow recording from the analogue channels which is sometimes quicker to program for material you don't need in high quality or widescreen.