HS2 Protection

D

DucatiEVO

I can't record certain films off ' NTL Front Row' (even though they charge you £3.50 to watch it). My HS2 refuses to record, and ntl advertise that this film 'cannot be taped'. What's stopping this, is that macrovision protection I keep hearing about?

I'm assuming something is broadcast in the signal and stops 'un-hacked' recorders from recording?

cheers

It will be Macrovision preventing your recording,its the same for Sky Box Office.Visit www.sonel.com
For £20 you get a special Scart lead that connects your recorder to it and away you go

Hmm, still waiting for the lead (8 days and counting), been charged on my CC also. No answer to phone and e-mail address fails. Tis not looking good.

Anyone else encountered problems with this company?

Not good.... I just ordered this weekend....

Which lead did you go for Ducati ? The £20 one was out of stock (and has been for a week at least) so I went for the £25 one instead....

Been putting off copying my last dozen or so protected vids for a while and now decide to buy a cable, look what happens :)

Yucca, I ordered the HQ gold plated one also, as the other was out of stock when I ordered too.

Will give em a ring today to see if I can get an answer.
cheers

Wouldn't worry too much; I bought a lead off these guys; they're probably on holiday or something; it sounds like an operation run from someone's home!

I was thinking that as there is also a mobile number, I'll give em a few more days before I do anything. Even if they were away I would assume the e-mail address would work though?

Depends if they're reading the email!
When I've called before, I've had a woman answer the phone with a straight forward "hello?";
They've been around for a few years; I've had a friend who also ordered a cable but had to wait 10 days for anything; slow service, but nothing to worry about... (and the leads do indeed work)

CHeers
R6 boy

Cool, that puts me at ease a bit, I'll just hang on and see if anything turns up!

cheers 'fellow biker'! :smashin:
Chris

Yup, just checked my mail today (wasn't on PC last night) and sure enough I too have an e-mail. :smashin:

glad I got mine from maplin before they did that.

More restriction on our rights by big business who are so pathetically scared of anyone getting fair use of products they have bought.

If anyone was wanting to produce thousands of pirate dvds they would have a bit more of an advanced setup than home video machinery.

I only got my one to connect a dvd player through the video so I could watch dvd's on an old scartless tv.

Gordon.

Quick update, I missed the post this morning but they tried to deliver a parcel/package that needed to be signed for.

Sounds like my lead , so I'll pick it up Friday from the Post Office! :smashin:

Good stuff Duke boy...!
I should probably update my old lead from them; got it over 2 years ago and it doesn't work for quite a few new DVDs...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom