HS2 Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by speedy_gonzales, May 8, 2003.

1. speedy_gonzales

speedy_gonzales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I received my Panny HS2 today from digital-point.co.uk and it wasn't out the box long before I think I came across a problem. Basically when I hit the function button and go to the setup menu I can go down, or up, the various menus, until I come to 'Sound'.
    As soon as I hit 'Sound' I get a 'U99' error and I have to reset the machine. I probably don't really need to use the sound menu but would hate for this fault to develop further. Anyone else came across this or is it a one off?
    The only bad thing I can say about digital-point.co.uk is that the user has to pay for returns, even if it is faulty goods!
    Anybody help, anyone?

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

Sounds like a faulty machine.

I think you will find a remote seller is responsible for collection and return fees if the unit is faulty, you do not have to pay for carriage. You are in your rights to write to them rejecting the goods telling them to pick it up for a refund. If after a reasonable period (28days) they haven't collected the goods you can start charging storage charges.

Remember since March it is up to the seller to prove the goods are fit for purpose and are not faulty, and not down to you to prove the fault. Quote the Sales of Goods Act at them.

Regards

Philip

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Yes this shouldn't happen. You should get the options up for Sound (obviously!). Have you tried completely shutting it down and running setup again? Have you tried re-connecting all you leads at the back? Do you get sound when watching TV through the HS2 (i.e. is it just the menu that's broken)? Can you play DVDs with audio coming out the Digital Out?

All this is probably a long shot - it does sound if it's faulty machine - but you might as well experiment before posting it back.

4. speedy_gonzales

speedy_gonzales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I disconnected all the inputs, reinstalled, same problem occurs though. I am getting sound OK, via a 'cable' input and from DVD's. I spoke to panasonic UK this morning and they suggested I try and reset the machine using the 'Shipping' option in one of the sub menus. This is meant to reset the machine to factory settings. Guess what? U99 error came on the display as soon as I confirmed I wanted to do is. The Panasonic chappy reckons there's a software fault and wondered if the machine had been tampered with. I didn't let on that this machine had been multi-region enabled as I don't know if that would get the suppliers in trouble. Anyhow, it's getting sent back tomorrow and digital-point are picking up the shipping tab! Hopefully the replacement will be 100% when it turns up!