1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS2 Problem - recording to HD & DVD playback at the same time

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Miles, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my HS2 for a few days now and managed to get all working fine...except I'm unable to record to the HD and use the DVD part to watch a DVD simultaniously. The manual states that this is possible but I get the following error:

"Incompatible TV setup" (there is no reference to this error message in the manual).

If i'm not recording on the HD the DVD playback works fine.

I have RGB from NTL Box to the HS2 and it records RGB fine and I have RGB out from the HS2 to the TV RGB in and it displays RGB picture fine for TV and DVD.

Any help appreciated as I really would find this useful as I quite often record TV and watch DVD at the same time. The alternative of another DVD player connected is really not the route I want to go.

Thanks

Miles

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you will find it may be due to you trying to watch an NTSC dvd while making a PAL recording to HDD.This is annoying,as NTSC is played back in PAL 60 anyway without a menu change.Try a PAL disc and that should work.You may even find that some NTSC discs could work also

3. Miles

Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I think you may have the solution. It was a R1 NTSCS disc in the player. I'll give it a try tomorrow with a PAL disc and confirm.

4. Miles

Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, you were right Phelings. It works fine playing a Region 2 PAL while recording to the HD.

Cheers:smashin: