1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs2 & Hs10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Canary_Jules, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +739
    I've read that the Sony HS2 & HS10 have proprietary connections for PCs and that the cables are really expensive. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Is there anyone out there that has their PC hooked up to their Sony?

Also, I rang my local Panasonic dealer today and asked when the AE-300 would be available. He said there was a trade launch this weekend but that the units would not probably be on sale until August! Is he talking from his behind?

2. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the HS10 has a dvi connection out of the box, otherwise its a cable (sic-h30??) which set me back 120 bucks which is around 50 UK pounds which allows VGA 15 pin standard connection to the projector via the PJ multi port, and its a 5 meter cable

3. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +739
  4. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    depends on what you call expensive, I dont feel its too much personally, considering its a short run product and a proprietry one at that. Given yes there is probably $2 worth of raw materials to make it.

But I guess they feel if you will spend rec retail $6500 on a glorified tv set then you wont be to concerned about spending rec retail $149 on a special 5 meter cable to hook it upto your older style PC considering the HS10 allready has a DVI connection on it.

5. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    50 UK pounds? Think again.... it is approx. £110 including VAT. I wanted the component input one as well as VGA. I invested the £220 in an upgrade to an HS10 from an HS2 instead!

6. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    geee here the rec retail price is about 145-149 dollars australian which is something like about 45-55 UK pounds, maybe 60 tops!

and it can be had for as little as 120 australian....

7. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Yes, I wouldn't like Sony to get involved in Currency conversion in UK :D