HS2 : HS10 Side shot 2

ani4ani

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to post a link where I might be able to establish the limitations of this system, i.e. distances and offsets etc.. I really like the idea of permenantly mounting the projector on a shelf to the side.

thx

I have the HS10, good projector v. pleased, but I thought like you that I would be able to put it to the side of the room out the way and use the sideshoot feature, which of coarse you can, but if you do this the projector has to be level with the bottom of the screan, you can not put it high up so that people walking arround the room etc do not block it. The reason for this is that acording to sony you cannot ajust the dimensions for horizontal and vertical axis simutaniosly. But all in all still very happy

I am not worried about the elevation...could you please guide me on the throw distances etc..

I intend to display on 150cm widescreen screen [60"], what throw distance could I use to project on to a screen that size, max & min. And then at each dimension what would be the max side-shot distance from the edge of the screen be.

Sorry to be a pain, but I have searched the internet everywhere for the data, and I guess my best hope is someone who has got one!

thx in anticipation

at work at the moment will dig out the manual and post when i get home

Jon, could you please say where you got your HS10 from, and at what cost. There are many of us on this forum awaiting its U.K. release, and getting increasingly P****d off with the lack of information available from Sony or its dealers regarding this PJ.

I'll check tonignt may have the wrong model no. as I have had it for about 9 months brought from seven oaks hi-fi for about £2000

Sounds about right, sorrey for the confussion, do you still want the throw details or are they now irelivant?

I think JonMace has the HS1, which has Side Shot v1. According to the Sony Oz. prochure, the HS10 can compensate for vertical and horizontal alignment at the same time ('Side Stot 2'). I haven't seen any reference to how extreme this compensation can be, but I'd imagine the higher it goes, the worse the picture will look.

Take a look at:
http://www.sony.com.au/objects/pdf/... brochure.pdf

Throw ratio for the HS10 is approx 1.75 to 2.1 based on 16:9 screen WIDTH. For a 60" screen the lens needs to be between 105" and 126" from the screen.

Some places quote the throw ratio calculated for a 16:9 diagonal, which is approx 1.5 to 1.9

Cheers,
Dave.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom