HS2 help please?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by witters, Sep 29, 2003.

1. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    After creating a play list and editing out the adverts etc I tried dubbing to DVD-R. However, it copied the whole program INCLUDING the adverts that I edited out!

What am I doing wrong please?

2. kit1cat

kit1cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I always use partial erase to edit out adverts etc, then dub from HD to DVD-R, I have never used the play list. Hope this helps.

Barry

3. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Thanks Barry,

Everything now makes complete sense again:D

4. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes,I did the same.You need to use "Direct Navigator".Then use "partial erase" to edit all the crap before,during and after.If its a block of episodes,perhaps from Sky+,then at this point you can "divide" into the episodes.Then title them,and then use "dubbing" and your disc will be all the episodes individually titled and as separate programmes.I still do not really see what "Playlist" is for.

5. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    I guess I subscribe to the British trait of only reading the instructions if absolutely necessary.:zonked:

6. kit1cat

kit1cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    You are right there, I have spent hours trying to get things to work, when it would have taken 10 mins to read the manual.

7. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having picked up my HS2 only yesterday, I am in the same boat. Looked at the first page of instructions looked at the size of complete book, threw them on sofa and then started playing.

Quickly realised I would have a whole load of questions when I wanted to do anything more than time slip recording. So sneakily reading it work today whilst pretending to learn about TCP/IP protocols.

Just can't wait to get home and play now. Project for tonight is to try and archive off my original Star Wars trilogy along with the last 3 episodes of Cheers onto DVD-R so I can finally lay the ghost that is VHS in my house.

At least from here I know the best way to cut adverts of other recordings now. Cheers!!

8. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been making play lists on my HS2 and then recording the play list to dvd-r for a long time now. When I first started, it took me a little bit of trial and error to get it right, but I finally worked it out so that it would record only the play list and not the commercails that I edited out.
    First you have to select the "dubbing" selection on the main menu. Next after you have the dubbing selection on screen, you move your selection down with your remote to the big box just below the top selection where it shows your dubbing direction. You then press enter, and then you should be seeing two tabs, one that says select program, and one that says select play list. You use your remote to select play lists and then your play lists should pop up. Use the remote again to select which play list you want and then press enter, it then prompts you to press the return button to store the play list you selected. After you've done that, you are then returned to the main dubbing screen. The only thing to do from there is to select what speed you want to record your play list, and then hit the last selection that says begin dubbing.
    Hope this helps. Tunes Man.