HS2 Flicker - Please help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dpiper, Nov 13, 2003.

1. dpiper

dpiper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Like others in two previous threads I'm getting the same flicker problem with the HS2 on a RGB connection to a Sky
    Digibox. I really notice it when there is a quick change from a light scene to a dark scene or a quick change from a black and white to a colour scene. It's really annoying and spoils an otherwise great recording. I was watching the BBC recreation of the Pompeii eruption and everytime ther was a lightning flash there was a flicker/screen tear - infuriating! It occurs on both Hard Disc and RAM recordings and on loop-through when the HS2 is switched on.

I'd like to know if anyone has resolved this problem perhaps with a fault repair or had success getting a replacement from their supplier.

Is it worth ringing Panasonic Customer service of will they just refer me back to my supplier (in Cornwall!)

Any thoughts

Dave

2. Stupot43

Stupot43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Hi dpiper,

I wanted to buy this machine and I posted a thread on this flicker problem. I thought it only happened on Telewest digi boxes but you are on Sky, so that proves it can happen with either. I didn`t really get a satisfactory outcome from my thread and despite putting another thread on other forums, I have had very little comeback. It appears to be that not all machines are affected so I would have a word with whoever you purchased the machine from and suggest that it may be faulty and could you have another machine. If that turns out to be the same then you have a compatability problem with your digi box which you could ask for an exchange with Sky. If there still is a problem then you will either have to put up with it or like me get a different make dvd recorder.
    Not very good is it??