1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS2 dubbing issue

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by philipb, May 15, 2003.

1. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Got an annoying problem when dubbing from the HD on the HS2 to DVD (RAM or -R).

If I record to HD using XP, then dub onto DVD using FR (can't get a 2 hour movie onto DVD at XP so "downconvert" via FR) the last segment of the recording is blocky and eventually freezes completely. This always happens irrespective of disc type or movie length. However if I dub at SP setting (assuming movie is less then 2 hours), no problems. Over 2 hours I can use EP but quality suffers compared to FR. Direct recording onto disc or HD at FR setting is fine.

BTW nothing appears on the display during dubbing to indicate a problem.

Any ideas guys?

2. kit1cat

kit1cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have had the same problem with my HS2, I did not realise that it was a problem with FR mode. I have copied about 40+ plus old vhs tapes to dvd-r discs via the HD for editing, normaly 3 to 4 hours per disk, 7 of the discs have this problem for the last hour or so.

I checked each disc when finished and they appeared ok, only noticed the problem when I went to watch them.

This appears to be a problem with HS2 playback, the 7 discs play fine on my DVD player and the DVD player in my computer.

Barry