Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HS2 conversion lens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sonn, Jan 31, 2003.

1. sonn

sonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the HS2 manual it is written: "When you adjust picture distortion using "V Keystone" or "Side Shot" in the Istall Setting menu with the optional Conversion Lens attatched to the projector, the aspect ratio of the original picture may not be correctly displayed."

How bad is it actually? Any experiences with the connversion lens? Preparing for HS2, you know;)

cheers Sonn

2. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the lenses are EXPENSIVE.

here in Australia the long throw lens which I would like has a retail of $3600 and a cash price of around $3100. I simply will be rewiring and putting longer cables in the roof and not mounting the unit on my back wall is all.

Thats more than half the cost of the projecotr!!:eek:

3. sonn

sonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :suicide: come on, wrote to PriceJapan and asked about price, they said the short conversion lenz for VPL-HS2 (VPLL-CW20) costs together with shipping US$150! Thats not too much --- less than 10th of the PJ price. Cables cost almost the same price.

Haven't anyone here had any experience with that lens? I am interested in the picture quality and the possible ratio distortion.
    :hiya: