1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS2 connection to VCR via AV3 or AV4

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sotars, Dec 28, 2003.

1. sotars

sotars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first visit to post to the forum (been a lurker from before christmas as I new I was getting an HS2!!).

I have set up my new system as follows

Telewest Pace reciever -to- HS2 AV2.
    HS2AV1 -to- Pan TX-32PS1 AV1
    DVD SC-TM1 system -to- Pan TX-32PS1 AV2
    X-Box -to- AV3 (RCA) on front of TX-32PS1

I have managed to record to HDD and to DVD-R successfully.

All AV setups are set to RGB

I wish to transfer some VHS material from a Phillips VCR VR840 to the HS2. This I have done by disconnecting the Pace box from HS2 AV2 and connecting the VCR by scart lead to AV2. This all works fine although I would prefer not to have to swap cables.

The problem is I would like to connect the VCR into the HS2 via AV3 or AV4 using an Audio/Video cable (with a Scart connector on the VCR end) when I do this and select the AV3 or AV4 on the HS2 it will not recognise the signal. Nothing shows on the TV when I select the AV channel from the HS2 handheld.

How do I get AV3 or AV4 to connect to the VCR and show the picture on the TV?

2. sotars

sotars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The link between the VCR scart and RCA adapter is not working properly as I tried the VCR on another television no connection, and also tried an RCA connection both ends from another DVD player and it works with the AV4 on the HS2.

Should have tried all this before posting.

Sorry!