HS2 and SKY+

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DEO, Sep 8, 2003.

1. DEO

DEO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can most effectively utlilse my equipment?

I have now somehow acquired:

downstairs room:
    Toshiba SD900, Denon A1SR, Sky+, HS2 and a Pioneer Plasma MXE

upstairs bedroom:
    Denon DVD Receiver, Sky digibox and CRT Telly

Would it be better to have the HS2 upstairs so that i have hard drive recording in both setups or is it better with the main room?

Many thanks for listening.

Dave

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It very much depends what you use the HS2 for. If you use it to archive stuff off of the Sky+ then it makes sense to keep it downstairs! If you dont, then you could use it upstairs as an hard disk recorder ala sky+ but youd have to watch the recordings upstairs or use a videosender!

Dave

3. DEO

DEO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave

Why can't I watch the HS2 recordings downstairs? Do I need a Panny to do that?

I would have thought the Tosh can playback -R recordings.

Dave

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure it can (play back -R) but that get's expensive if you only want to watch it once! If you use Ram disks they'll only play on very few players at the moment. You'd probably need to buy a Panny S35 or S75.

Dave

5. DEO

DEO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I demonstrate how thick I am. Please explain why you can only watch a dvd -r recording only once. I thought you could only record once!

Dave

6. steve.wardell

steve.wardell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can watch as many times as you like, I think he meant if you only want to watch it once you use up and DVD-R which can not be re-used (hence will become costly even at £1.5 a time), unlike DVD-RAM which can be written and read many times (100k times is'nt it?)

7. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But as he has the HS2 with its built in hard drive,he need not waste time with any RAM discs.
    If you do not intend to archive anything its HS2 and Sky+ up and downstairs.
    If you want to archive,use Sky+ for its recording convenience,then transfer to HS2 to edit out ads if required,then onto -R for keeps.