1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pulsar, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Hello,

Just a quick question. I plan on buying a gamecube and will use it with my HS10. The dilema I have is should I buy a US or UK machine? Only US and Jap machines will output a progressive scan signal. I understand that the HS10 converts any inputed signal into progressive scan? My question is, is it worth paying the extra cash for a US machine to have it output a prog scan signal, or use a UK machine (which are cheaper) and have the HS10 de-interlace the signal?

Thanks for any replies.

Rob

2. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would imagine that a US machine would output an NTSC progressive signal which would be 480p or maybe 525p I guess because NTSC has 480 active lines from 525. I'm a bit hazy about the difference between 480p and 525p.

However, a PAL version should output a PAL signal which is 576 active lines from 625.

Applying this signal to the projector will turn it into a progressive one because of the nature of the so called "deinterlacing" hardware within the projector.

Therefore I guess it depends on whether a game will use the full native resolution on the box or not.

If you want my guess, I would say buy the PAL version and let the projector do the de-interlacing.

The quality from these devices is not going to be very high compared to a high res PC graphics card anyway because they are mass market devices designed for television display and hence relatively low res AFAIK. I'm guessing here but I would imagine that you wouldn't get anywhere near 1024*768 from a gamecube? You might be better off using a HCPC and gaming on that.....