HS10 - Where to buy

ljkelly1971

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all, long time lurker second time poster, so please be nice

The time (and money) has finally arrived for the purchase of a HS10. After initially demoing a Sanyo Z1, I saw the HS10 in action and decided I couldn't live with screen door. I was going to get it from Nexnix, but now see I could buy a 'Graded' HS10 for £600 less at Robert Whyte. Is it a good idea to save £600 (stupid question I know) or pay the money to nexnix and have a bit more peace of mind. The spare £600 would go nicely towards a new lcd screen

Luke

ps. if i do get it from Robert Whyte, is there anyone in the Worthing area who can give me hand to test it within the 7 days RW will give me to return it if not up to scratch, as im in the middle of moving at the moment ( house a mess, boxes everywhere etc)

Id normaly go with the peace of mind .. but £600 is just too much to ignore whats the warranty on the 'graded' one tho . wouldnt want a prob and no wty

Hi LJKelly, a reply from a fellow lurker

I bought a Graded HS10 from Robert Whyte a couple of weeks ago and they were very good to deal with.

I am very pleased with the projector, it has 1 stuck pixel which is almost in the bottom left hand corner and is easily lost in the screen border other than that it seems perfect, Alison at Robert Whyte told me that it may have had some hours on the lamp when it arrived but mine had 0 hours so i guess it must of had a new lamp.

The only down side to the HS10 is the noise which is slightly louder than my old AE100, but the picture more than makes up for this .

I think that the saving of £600 is worth the risk of the graded product and after all it has a full 12month guarantee.

PS Robert Whyte have a 1% CC surcharge

Nick

Hi Luke,

I have also taken the plunge and bought a graded HS10 from Robert Whyte. It was absolutely brand spanking new with not a mark on it, still smelt new and all the connectors looked as though they had'nt been used. I've had a quick check for dead pixels using a white screen and could'nt find any.

The unit came with everything nothing missing. I live in Glasgow and have the advantage of visiting them in person and they seem a reputable bunch.

As you say £600 is a great saving and 12 month warranty as back up. Only problem now is I can't decide what to spend the £600 on, but my wife doesn't understand this philosphy.

JP

Well ive done it. Ordered from Robert Whyte and hopefully delivered on Friday - Put the spare £600 towards a Sharp 22" widescreen LCD ( also delivered Friday ). So just a matter of waiting, fingers crossed.

Luke

I've also ordered one from them. I will be picking it up in person tomorrow (Thurs) so is there anything I need to look out for ?

It's been checked for dead/stuck pixels and I've been assured that there are none but it does have over 170hrs on the lamp which is higher than I would have hoped for.

Still , it's £600 less than my local Sony shop so I shouldn't complain too much. What is the typical lamp lifetime for this projector and what is the replacement cost ? (don't shout too loud if I'm the 2,000th person to ask this)

Geo

Luke : When I called they had 2 left so I guess your getting the other one mate. I was told that they both had approx the same bulb hrs. I'll let you know how I get on.

Gedo
Hope you get on alright with yours and if mine was the last in the shop lets hope its not the duffer that no one else wanted!

If there is anyone in the Worthing area this week end who can spare a couple of hours to help give the HS 10 a thorough check it would be reallly appreciated.

Thanks
Luke

Luke,

I think they said yours was getting packaged for posting so don't worry, I won't have the chance to check them both and pick the best one !! :)

I'll post with my observations tomorrow (on the state of the projector , not the image quality as I need a screen !!!)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom