1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 Wall bracket - first pictures..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WebLoader, Jan 30, 2003.

1. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As some of you may know I have been waiting to complete the installation of my Sony HS10, for the arrival of a custom wall bracket.
    The reason for this was that ceiling mounting is not practical for me, as the projector is being used in my living room, which means that I want to make it as discrete as possible . The Sony ceiling mount would mean that the projector would hang from the ceiling, which to my mind looks a bit too industrial. The other thought I had was to build the projector flush to the ceiling, but that would mean either a very high image, or keystone correction with all of the nasties that that brings..

Anyway, I had this bracket custom designed by my brother in law, who has an engineering business. It allows the HS10 to be wall mounted, with the following features

- HS10 picture can be moved left/right after the bracket has been fixed to the wall to allow for inevitable 'measurement error!'
    - HS10 picture can be moved up and down - see reason above!
    - HS10 can be moved forward/backwards, to allow for different configurations , e.g. hidden cabling, slight throw length adjustment etc
    - cooling slots and generous clearance allow full air flow to the underside
    - cables can be hidden in the wall (easy if you are fixing against a stud/partition wall)
    - finished in white to match projector (other colours may be available)
    - can be used as the basis of a wall mounted hush box (my next project!)

If anyone is interested in these then send me a message, I will then see if there is sufficient interest to get a batch of these fabricated up at a reasonable cost ( under £100 )

cheers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    user error .. the pictures are now visible!!

3. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice piece of kit web,what else are family for huh!

I'm researching the options for mounting my hs10 as its table sat at the moment which is a bit sistracting given the fan noise so close to your lug holes.

which brings me to my question.
    How do you plan creating a hush box around this mount?
    wil your bro in law be selling the hole deal?

Be intrested to hear yr plans:smashin:

4. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi vulkan

in terms of prices, then he reckons £89 delivered. That includes the 'adjuster bars' that allow it to tilt and swivel.

my hush box idea is basically to be mdf with sound insulation foam, encasing the bracket.

however, he has said that if people wanted an all steel enclosure, then this could be done.

i must add my interest here is just as an enthusiast trying to make a good bit of kit better. for the brother in law, he is did it as a favour and as said would make up additional brackets as long as he covered his costs.

hope this helps..