1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hs10 vs pt-ae300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dr.Scanlan, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Dr.Scanlan

Dr.Scanlan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there,

i was on the verge of buying an hs10, but due to all the probs ive read on here, not so sure now.

considering the pt-ae300....anyone any idea how they run side by side? is there a clear winner?

all info much appreciated..

cheerzz!!:devil:

2. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  3. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't let the bulb problem put you off. In general the projector is very good. Later units are supposed to not have the problem.

I have an HS10 and I would say that the picture is very good. The panasonic is probably better value for money since it is cheaper, but the HS10 does have the advantage of a higher resolution.

If your budget can stretch to it, you can get a Sony VPL-VW12HT mail order from a german firm (see the HS10 versus VW12HT thread for the location) for £2600. That isn't a million miles away from the cost of an HS10 and I would seriously consider it.

J

4. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Two advantages of the HS10 over the Panny are:
    1: Long throw of the HS10. I wanted to have the projector in the next room firing through a hole in the wall to eliminate all projector noise. Fan noise at any level is unacceptable to me
    2. HS10 can do 1:1 pixel mapping from a PC, as far as I know this has not yet been achieved with the panny.

A third reason (which probably has no foundation in truth) is that I was a little afraid of the panny considering the failure rate of the AE100

What is the actual price difference between the HS10 and the Panny AE300 going to be in the UK?

Conor

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    If you look at one of the cheaper online suppliers (Nexnix) the price difference is as follows

HS10: £1799 + vat = £2113.83

AE300: £1425 + vat = £1674.38

so a difference of £439.45

6. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you bought the ae300 from 'be direct', you could have it for £1599. That's a saving of £514!
    That's a considerable saving to say they are comparable machines. If the reviews and customer feedback are anything to go by, there's no way the HS10 is worth the extra cash (IMO).

7. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    be direct ???? URL?

Found it. www.bedirect.co.uk (pretty obvious really :blush: )

Damn good price. Only downer 14 day delivery (having just spoken with them) but considering no-one has UK stock yet I guess that's not too bad.

8. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Nex Nix are doing it for £1425+VAT not £1495+VAT so the difference is more like £400 to the HS10.

I think the £150 or so over the cost of getting one from Europe is worth it as none of these damn things seem particularly reliable and Nexnix customer service is meant to be good from what I have read on here. Down to personal choice on that one though.

Cheers
    Rob.