Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HS10 - VGA confusion!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gecko, Mar 14, 2003.

1. gecko

gecko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I would like to connect my HS10 to a laptop (standard VGA output) mainly to display digital photos and PowerPoint presentations. Do I have any options other than the expensive Sony cable route? Is it possible to get a VGA-Component or s-video cable and if so what disadvantages would this have (if any) over the Sony cable? I’ve tried searching the forum for an answer but came away dazed and confused… What is powerstrip?

Thanks for any help,

Steve.

2. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The projector wont have a sync signal if you use a vga to component so the picture will roll if your lucky and display nothing at all more likely. VGA to svideo will be carp because it will only put out a low resolution interlaced picture.

Bite the bullet and buy the sony cable or it wont be worth doing.:lesson:

3. gecko

gecko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I guess I'll have to buy the Sony lead (SIC-HS30) at some stage then... I'd still like to know why we have to pay twice as much for it in the UK though! The cheapest I've seen it advertised for is about £80. I may order one from the US/Japan where it's less than £40.

Regards,

Steve.