1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 - svideo lead warning!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WebLoader, Jan 10, 2003.

1. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i meant to post this a couple of weeks ago. basically, the supplied cable with the hs10 has a small 'lip' on the svideo plug, which can get stuck in whatever you plug it in to!

this happened to me with the svideo socket on sky+ , imagine my delight when i had to take the lid of my sky+ box (which has security screws on it - so i had to order a special torx bit set) to retrieve the cable. It was jammed that tight that i was contemplating cutting the cable off and soldering a new plug and socket on! Finally after much swearing i managed to lever it out using a tiny precision screwdriver...

my advice would be to file the lip down slightly on the svideo plug before plugging it to anything.

the only good to come out of this is that i might get a nice 120gb for the sky+, and then take the 40gb out of that and put it in my xbox...mmm.

cheers