1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 - Startling New Development...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by theritz, Jan 21, 2003.

1. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If the noise of your HS10 gets too much for you (Steady John, Steady.....) check out this new development ;) here

Bet Kramer will love this one !

Sean G.

2. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting...

FIVE fans in there! I'm surprised.. I was going to take the top off to have a look inside but I'm not sure now...

I wonder what proportion of the noise the front 92mm fans make compared to the rest of the unit? I know Pabst make a 92mm fan but of course there are all kinds of worries about airflow rating not to mention the electrical specification of the fan. I would be a bit nervous of having a mess without access to a schematic of the projector and running some tests in my workshop using a 'scope etc.

I'm thinking of making a sort of hush box lined with acoustic foam with some pabst fans to exchange the air but so far that's all it is...a thought experiment.

I've got other stuff to do and i'm not sure the noise bothers me enough anymore....

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gees, 5 blooming fans :eek: Even my 3kw Dimplex heater has only 1 :confused:

Some people 'eh? That thxex guy must be mad - had his new HS10 in pieces already :eek: .

What's worse is he's Irish too :eek: First Comer with his PC, me here, & now this.

We (the Irish) aren't looking too bright at the mo.

:p

Just noticed he's talking about "forced air watercooling" now :eek:

He's barking! Must keep an eye on that thread for "entertainment value".

Thanks for pointing it out Sean ;)

4. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a good look at the HS10 pictures last night. I'm not in the mood to open mine up and have a look just yet.

Does that noisy cage fan have a spindle monitor? or is the HS10 monitoring the fan current? I was toying with the idea of replacing the front two fans with more powerful yet quiet units and then slowing the noisy fan down.

This is just a thought experiment. I'm not advocating anyone actually does it.

I would only personally do it if I got fed up of the HS10 and decided it was time for a change and I didn't mind killing it.