1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs10 & Sky

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Canary_Jules, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +739
    The builder who built my cinema room saw my HCPC set up and has decided that he wants one as well! So he's asked me to sort out all the technical side for him. I've been round to his house (just massive- swimming pool, gym etc.!) and done all my measurements. His living room where he wants the projector set up is 21 ft wide so I am working on a 19ft throw from pj to screen. Obviously I need a long throw lens like my HS10 (should give at least a 9ft screen). My question, however, since the builder would like to watch TV on the PJ too is how to hook up the HS10 to his SKY box. I have cable so I'm not sure what connections are at the back of the SKY box. I presume it only has a scart, so how to connect this to the HS10?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jules

P.S. Any one got ideas for a decent DVD player for him (circa £300)? I've got HCPC so this isn't something I've looked into very much. My initial thoughts were for a Harman & Kardon DVD25.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most Sky boxes just have scart output so either RGB or composite are available.

Obviously, composite isn't the best option & RGB will require a transcoder - either RGB to component or RGB to s-video.

Some Grundig digiboxes have s-video out & of course, Sky+ boxes. Sky+ also have optical output (Dolby Digital 5.1 on some movie channels).

I'd suggest an s-video equipped Sky+ box (sounds like he can afford it :eek:).

DVD player? Better asking in the DVD player forum but the HK does seem well received & good value.

:smoke:

3. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If can afford a denon3803 or similar,He could use the video conversion facility and put component out to the hs10.
    some report favourable results this way.

Or, he could use a rgb capturecard with his hcpc such as sweetspot,advertised on these forums,use dscaler and send the images via dvi..

:hiya:

4. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +739
    Cheers guys,

Much appreciated.

Jules