1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 sideshot

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by philsparks, Jan 7, 2003.

1. philsparks

philsparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at the point of deciding between the Z1 or HS10. I know that ideally I shouldn't use the digital keystone correction but it's just impossible to do otherwise in our lounge (and keep my wife and house anyway!)

My choice is either to go for the Z1 which has got poorer resolution but a small amount of proper optical lens shift. Or go for the higher resolution HS10 but suffer a bit of digital keystone and side shot degredation. I'm assuming that starting out with a lot more pixels will mean that the keystone and side shot will be less noticable than on a poorer resolution projector.

can one of the HS10 owners give me a feel for the amount of degredation the side shot and keystone correction cause - is it enough to make the performance of the HS10 poorer than something cheaper like an uncorrected Z1 ?

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,349
    Phil

I've not viewed the HS10 but even with max sideshot and keystone, I would guess that the HS10 will still be better than the Z1....by a way.

I've always had to use keystone (high ceilings), and to be honest on DVD material I cant tell the difference. Allegedly for PC stuff it's more noticeable though.

3. philsparks

philsparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any HS10 owners care to add to this?

ta
    Phil

4. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    btw. the z1 correction just allows you to move the image, it doesn't do keystone correction. Thus you don't have to put it directly in the middle of the image, but you can't put it on a shelf to the side.

5. philsparks

philsparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know - the prob we have is that I want to point the PJ onto a wall and the picture will be above the dado rail, i.e. fairly high. No way are we having the PJ hanging on our lovely corniced Edwardian ceiling all of the time so it'll have to sit on a table or stand infront of us when we're watching. As the base of the screen is at dado rail height then the PJ also would be quite high. It would be much less obtrusive if I could move the PJ a bit to the side. Even the 1/4 screen that the Z1 will do would make quite a difference. Obviously the HS10 is more flexible but my worry is that the image would deteriorate very quickly as you move away from the straight-ahead position. Hence the query to HS10 owners.

Thanks for your concern.

Phil