1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs10 short throw lens,who's interested?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vulkan75, May 15, 2003.

?
  1. ME!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. ME!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,i Just had an idea.It seems that their are many guys on here who would love a short throw lens for this projector,but at £1000 NO WAY!.

SO I THOUGHT!;)

Have a poll and see how many would be interested.Then we could take our figures over to the power buy thread and see what kind of discount we could get.

What you think?
    yes

no

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd need to secure one hell of a discount :D Even @ £500 (50% discount), still 25% of the total cost of the PJ :eek:

Lucky for me it has a long throw, otherwise I'd probably be here trying to stir up interest in a "long throw" lens powerbuy :)

3. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I keep noticing on AVS forums in the states, a company keeps getting quoted selling 'B' grade stock short throw lens' for $249 ex sony! They don't send out to UK though :-(

I will pay £200 max for one...

4. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They might ship for bulk,you never know.The more people the better,thats our bargining chip.:rolleyes:

5. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For £1000 it would be cheaper to knock your wall down and move it a few feet....

Im a builder gimme a ring and i'll do u a quote :laugh:

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    :rotfl: :rotfl: !!

Sean G.

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's such a great PJ that folks are considering paying up to £1000 for a conversion lens :eek:

Still waiting for my "custom" mounting bracket, but put the HS10 in the adjoining room last night & projected through a very bad pane of glass - oh the silence :clap:

Not even considering putting it back in the viewing room now - 'twas that nice having "pin drop" silence during quiet passages in the movie(s) - watched 2 :)

The overall sound improved no end - ambient surround effects so much more noticeable.

Nearly there - just need the bracket, mask the screen to 16/9 & find some decent "projection" glass.

.....sorry for the thread hijack....

8. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    If people dont want/need DVI why not just get a VW12? I've done a deal with a reputable supplier who'll do them for £2750. Anyone interested drop me a PM.

1000 ANSI
    1000:1 CR
    QUIET....

9. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Messiah you are such a tease:) are they Uk sourced?.... have you seen one in action is the cr really that good? and most importantly is this baby as quiet as the panasonics?. Is the 2750 Vat inclusive?

Decisions decisions.... AE300@ eur 2000 HS10@3000 and 12HT@4000..

EDIT... Apologies to Vulcan75 for taking the thread so far off topic....

10. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    They are European models with full std European Sony warranty UK sourced from a reputable dealer in London, recognised on these forums for their great service - pre and post sale.. As the VW12 comes under the Sony professional range they all have to go to Holland for repairs anyway even if they are full UK models (bought at uk price c. £5000).

They are supposed to be very quiet due to the exhaust design and are rated as 30db (pretty quiet) and that's at high power. Low power (Cinema black) takes it quieter.

I have 3 reviews which I can send (as well as Projector Central) which all rate it as one of their favourite digital pjs ever, and that was at a £6000 price mark.

Yep, £2750 is vat inclusive with approx 1 week delivery time. To get this price I would have to order 2 or more. More, and it may even go ever so slightly cheaper but no guarantees.

It's just a thought.

11. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I can hear the scratching sound of the itch in Vex's wallet from here...........:D !

Vex, saw an 11HT (7999 yo-yos !!!!!) in action a day or two ago, in a showroom with full lights and a load of tvs etc going - couldn't tell bugger all about the picture - it and an adjacent HS1 seemed to be driven of the same feed, both pictures seemed the same in quality (or lack thereof) (although there seemed to be no pixelation from the 11HT........... but here's the thing, the 11HT was really quiet. The Sony store on the corner of Stephen's Green just down from the Shelbourne, should you like to take a look (or more correctly a listen..........). If you can persuade them into a home demo, give me a yelp !!!

Neil,

I take it that the dalliance with the Z1 is over, then ?

All the best,

Sean G.

12. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sean

Thx for the info, Ill pop in at lunch time tomorrow for a look, trying to find a cheap flight to london at the moment, going to head over on Saturday for a look at whatever Nexnix have on offer, not sure where else is good, will have a mooch down tottenham court road.

When I asked about pricing for a HS10 and VW12HT in the Sony Store on O Connell Street, I was met with a blank look, the two guys behind the counter had to look thru their Sony Product Catalogue to confirm the had items call a VPL HS10 and Vw 12HT then the checked their price lists. I didnt bother asking how long it would take to get some demo models as hte pricing was eur 4400 and 9900:)

Messiah or Sean or anyone..

What will I be missing if I dont have DVI input? I use a HTPC and my graphics card has both DVI and VGA out.

Thx

Vex.

13. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Vex,

If it wasn't for family committments, I'd be going with you for fun....:blush: Mrs. Ritz just said "why don't you go ?" - then remembered why not !!!!!!!!!! - bums!!

Can't answer this one, I'm afraid, run off VGA like yourself, seen K's HS10 off DVI, but no chance to do back to back VGA vs. DVI on same HCPC and PJ. K ?? or try hcpc forum ? I'm sure there's some benefit from avoiding unnecessary digital/analogue conversions, but I'm not sure whether the differences would be terribly noticeable. Think we're pushing the boundaries of perfomance here...

All the best,

Sean.

14. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Yes. AS great as it was on high quality sources it just didn't cut the mustard with good ol' crappy Sky (even MI2 DVD looked a bit poor due to poor disc encoding). So, it was packed up this morning and sent back on it's merry way.

My final opinion on it was stonking value. Just a shame I've dabbled with higher end stuff otherwise I'd be well happy for sure.

Just concluding tonight on importing my new pj from the States. Should be wicked and not even avaialble here yet, and may never be. Right pj, right price, think I should be well happy. (Considering I'll have a nice fat bundle left over from the Epson refund :) )

Messy (a new nickname cos that's how it's starting to get with all this pj business :suicide: )

15. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Neil,

Oh No !!! not another "Kramer and HS10" tease campaign ??

Come on, spill the beans !!!!

Sean G.

16. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Let me just wait and see that it will happen (waiting for responses). If not it may be a HT1000 sourced locally. We'll see.

17. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey neil!how about sourcing some short throw lenses?:D :D

Just to let you all know,i dont realy need a short throw lens.It was just an idea to get a nice little thread going,but considering the master stroke of the kramer and the messiah,that seems to have happened.

BOY ILOVE THESE FORUMS!:rotfl: